Intro Time Part 2

Once my son was born I only had to spend about 2 more weeks in Germany, and let me tell you I was excited to get to my new home and back to my pets. Getting here honestly was almost an issue, at first they weren't going to let my son fly back to the states with us because he wasn't put on his dads orders; so we had to pay out of pocket ($1,000) for him to fly with us on the military rotater flight. We got to Holloman AFB in New Mexico on 4 September and I was surprised at how flat and desert the place was. Also I came to realize how in the middle of no where this base was - literally the closest town was 20 minutes away and the next closest after that is 45 minutes away (Las Cruces). 

From there my marriage started to fall apart slowly, my sons dad started drinking more and not really helping with our son at all. I was exhausted. There was literally a point in the first couple of months in my sons life where I didn't shower for at least 7 days. I just didn't have the energy to keep the house spotless and take care of my son - mainly because he was waking up every 2 hours so I was barely sleeping. When my son was 4 months old (December 2015) his dad went TDY for two weeks - this was the first time I had been left completely alone with my son. I ended up getting really sick - to the point of puking which is something I never do. Once his dad got back things didn't really change at all, and I had barely heard from him the whole time he was gone for training. There was two weeks where he was off of work and he literally drank about 6 regular large bottles of alcohol and 3-4 handles of alcohol. He stayed drunk the whole two weeks he was off (from around Christmas to his birthday in early January). I had gotten fed up. I started falling out of love with him, and it just continued to get worse as the months went on. 

Come June of 2016 it's time for my sons dad to go TDY again, this time to Las Vegas and I already knew that it was going to repeat of him not talking to me the whole time he was gone. And I was not disappointed. He spent many a nights on the Las Vegas strip but could barely spare the time to talk to me and his child. He got back and shortly after I told him I wasn't happy and that for the time being I couldn't be with him; that I wasn't saying we couldn't possibly work out later in the future but for now we couldn't. It was a difficult time for me. In August we went to see his parents in Georgia because we had gotten notification that he was supposed to deploy in October. Things didn't improve while we were there, honestly I realized how incompatible we really were. 

One thing I haven't mentioned yet is that in July I had made a friend that I had been chatting with on an app on my phone but we had never discussed meeting up. Once I got back from Georgia near the end of August and I knew that me and my sons father were over I decided I needed to make friends and hangout. I asked this person if they wanted to hangout and have a movie night and they agreed. I picked him up and we went to the store to get snacks and came back to his place to hangout. We ended up clicking really well, but both decided we were just going to be friends. Him because he was 19 and didn't know if he could handle being involved with a 28 year old mother of a 1 year old. Me because I was just separating from my sons father and had no idea how long the divorce would take but also because I didn't want to rush into another relationship. 

We hung out a lot and honestly he became one of my best friends. We both developed feelings for each other, but waited to say anything. Come October I drunkenly confessed my feelings for him and he tried even harder to push me away and make me hate him; because he had similar feelings for me. But I didn't find this out til months later. We continued our friendship but we both found it hard to stay away from one another. In December he went home on leave for New Years, and while I was out with a friend I got a drunken message from him and he was actually telling me he missed me. We ended up calling each other and he confessed his feelings for me. When he got back a couple of weeks later we started our official relationship, but we count us together since we both cut everyone else off. In February he admitted he loved me and in March I officially filed for my divorce. Now don't look at this as me being the bad guy in my last marriage, because honestly my sons father started dating someone in early December. In May my divorce was final, and I told Brandon that I was officially his. We moved in together on 1 June and then decided we didn't want to ever be apart and we married on 12 June. So far things have been amazing, he loves my son and treats him as if he were his child and even refers to him as his. Now it's November, and I'm about to turn 30 and we've discovered that we are about to have our own bundle of joy come next summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Time **** TMI POST - GRAPHIC CONTENT ****

Intro Time Part 1