Intro Time Part 1

So before I dive into what I'm doing to make myself happy I'm going to give a little bit of background info. I've had a semi-difficult past and I've had a lot of life experiences which I'm grateful for every single one because without them I wouldn't be the person I am today.

My name is Dekota and I am 30 years old. I'm from a small coastal town in south east Georgia and I went to high school in south east Texas. I have a two year old son from my previous marriage, which I was married to his father for 6 and a half years. That was quite an adventure on it's own - we met in Georgia in 2010 while he was stationed at Moody AFB and were married that August. Shortly after we were married we got notification that he had orders to move to Incirlik AB, Turkey and I was going with him the following April. 

Through our marriage I got pregnant several times and also experienced several losses. Shortly before I turned 27, 4 years into our marriage) I had given up on becoming a mom even though it was something I wanted badly. On Thanksgiving 2014, 2 days before my 27th birthday I found out I was pregnant again and I was terrified it would end up like the rest. On Christmas that year we announced my pregnancy to our parents and then in January I made an official announcement on Facebook. In March I found out I was having a little boy and I was very excited, but I had already figured that he was a boy at 8 weeks - that mothers intuition. I did try a couple of the old wives tales, like the baking soda trick which also indicated I was having a boy. 

In April of 2015 we got ready to move on to the next part of our journey - to Holloman AFB in New Mexico. We had already shipped all of our furniture in March so we were living on the TMO furniture until we got moved into the TLF (temporary lodging facility). I was also in the process of training my replacement at my job in the NAF Accounting Office. Then one day I at about 23 weeks I started having contractions and pains so I called the after hours nurse line - since all dependents were seen on base and we all lived in base for safety. They sent me to the hospital off base where they put me on medication to stop my contractions but my cervix had shortened from 4cm to 2.8cm so they were debating what to do with me from there. Especially since in a week I was supposed to be flying from Turkey to our new home in New Mexico. They eventually decided to medical evacuate me from Incirlik AB to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Germany. Once I arrived I spent the first four weeks in a hospital off base in Kaiserslautern, Germany where even in a private room I had a roommate who was a French woman. But she ended up being my saving grace, and helped me navigate stuff in a country where I couldn't speak the language.

In all of that I failed to mention that the day I was medical evacuated Bob (my ex husband) PCS'd to the new base in New Mexico. Once I was moved out of the hospital off base to the hospital at Landstuhl Bob was sent back to be my non-medical attendant until our son was born. He arrived at Landstuhl at the end of May and my son wasn't born until the middle of August.

I'll continue this tomorrow. Right now my guy wants to play Battlefront II lol

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Rough Time **** TMI POST - GRAPHIC CONTENT ****

Intro Time Part 2